There are 4 fives in a pack, so the probability is 4/52 or 1/13 of a randomly selected card.
The probability of selecting a face card is 3/13 (3 face cards in every suit). A face card cannot also be a 5 so the probability of selecting a five or a face card is
Which of the following are correct general statements about the Central Limit Theorem? Select all that apply.
1. It specifies the specific shape of the curve which approximates certain sampling distributions.
2. It’s name is often abbreviated by the three capital letters CLT
3. The word Central within its name, is meant to signify its role of central importance in the mathematics of probability and statistics.
4. The accuracy of the approximation it provides, improves when the trial success proportion p is closer to
5. It specifies the specific mean of the curve which approximates certain sampling distributions.
6. The accuracy of the approximation it provides, improves as the sample size n increases.
7. It specifies the specific standard deviation of the curve which approximates certain sampling distributions.
8. It is a special example of the particular type of theorems in mathematics, which are called limit theorems.
Do male and female students have different favorite seasons? The two-way table shows the favorite season and gender for a simple random sample of 89 high school juniors and seniors in the United States from the Census At School database. Is there convincing evidence of an association between gender and favorite season for students like those who participated in the Census At School survey?