Response rates to Web surveys are typically low, partially due to users starting but not finishing the survey. The factors that influence response rates were investigated in Survey Methodology (Dec. 2013). In a designed study, Web users were directed to participate in one of several surveys with different formats. For example, one format utilized a welcome screen witb a white background, and another format utilized a welcome screen with a red background. The "break-off rates," i.e., the proportion of sampled users who break off the survey before completing all questions, for the two formats are provided in the table.
a) Verify the values of the break-off rates shown in the table.
b) The researchers theorize that the true break-off rate for Web users of the red welcome screen will be lower than the corresponding break-off Tate for users of the white welcome screen. Give the null and alternative hypotbesis for testing this theory.
c) Conduct the test, part b, at
Which of the following are correct general statements about the Central Limit Theorem? Select all that apply.
1. It specifies the specific shape of the curve which approximates certain sampling distributions.
2. It’s name is often abbreviated by the three capital letters CLT
3. The word Central within its name, is meant to signify its role of central importance in the mathematics of probability and statistics.
4. The accuracy of the approximation it provides, improves when the trial success proportion p is closer to
5. It specifies the specific mean of the curve which approximates certain sampling distributions.
6. The accuracy of the approximation it provides, improves as the sample size n increases.
7. It specifies the specific standard deviation of the curve which approximates certain sampling distributions.
8. It is a special example of the particular type of theorems in mathematics, which are called limit theorems.