[x 1 2 2 5 6 y 2 5 4 15 15]
Scatterplot suggest that there is a linear correlation between the variables.
Since absolute value of r is more than critical-r, hence there is a linear correlation between the variables.
Unusual points Each of the four scatterplots that follow shows a cluster of points and one “stray” point. For each, answer these questions:
1) In what way is the point unusual? Does it have high leverage, a large residual, or both?
2) Do you think that point is an influential point?
3) If that point were removed, would the correlation be- come stronger or weaker? Explain.
4) If that point were removed, would the slope of the re- gression line increase or decrease? Explain
Ali Baba's Car Wash Service Centre is open 6 days a week, but its busiest day is always on Sunday. From the previous data, Ali Baba estimates that dirty cars arrive at the rate of one every two minutes, One car at a time is cleaned in this example of a single-channel waiting line. Assuming Poisson arrivals and exponential service times, find the following:
1) Compute the average number of cars in line.
2) Calculate the value of probability that there are no car in the system.
3) Compute the average time that a car spends in the system.
Advances in medical science and healthier lifestyles have resulted in longer life expectancies. The life expectancy of a male whose current age is x years old is