Usages of Derivatives-
Derivatives have many important applications in various field. Here are some important usages of derivatives in Mathematics -
1) First and second derivative are used in Optimization.
2) Derivatives are used in rate of change of a quantity.
3) Derivatives are used to find out tangent and normal to a curve.
4) Derivatives are used to check whether a function is increasing or decreasing.
5) Derivatives are used in linear approximation.
6) Relative maxima and relative minima are also find out using first derivative.
7) Derivative is used in curve sketching.
8) To find out critical points of a function, we use derivative.
9) Derivative is used in Newtons