Data that can be sorted into distinct groups is called quantitative 1. True 2.False

Jerold 2020-12-15 Answered
Data that can be sorted into distinct groups is called quantitative
1. True
2.False
You can still ask an expert for help

Want to know more about Describing quantitative data?

Expert Community at Your Service

  • Live experts 24/7
  • Questions are typically answered in as fast as 30 minutes
  • Personalized clear answers
Learn more

Solve your problem for the price of one coffee

  • Available 24/7
  • Math expert for every subject
  • Pay only if we can solve it
Ask Question

Expert Answer

unessodopunsep
Answered 2020-12-16 Author has 105 answers
Step 1
Quantitative data: Data that can be measured in numbers are called quantitative data.
Qualitative data: Data that can be sorted into distinct groups is called Qualitative data.
Step 2
The given statement is
Data that can be sorted into distinct groups is called quantitative
The given statement is 2.False.
Not exactly what you’re looking for?
Ask My Question

Expert Community at Your Service

  • Live experts 24/7
  • Questions are typically answered in as fast as 30 minutes
  • Personalized clear answers
Learn more

Relevant Questions

asked 2020-12-24
True or False
1.The goal of descriptive statistics is to simplify, summarize, and organize data.
2.A summary value, usually numerical, that describes a sample is called a parameter.
3.A researcher records the average age for a group of 25 preschool children selected to participate in a research study. The average age is an example of a statistic.
4.The median is the most commonly used measure of central tendency.
5.The mode is the best way to measure central tendency for data from a nominal scale of measurement.
6.A distribution of scores and a mean of 55 and a standard deviation of 4. The variance for this distribution is 16.
7.In a distribution with a mean of M = 36 and a standard deviation of SD = 8, a score of 40 would be considered an extreme value.
8.In a distribution with a mean of M = 76 and a standard deviation of SD = 7, a score of 91 would be considered an extreme value.
9.A negative correlation means that as the X values decrease, the Y values also tend to decrease.
10.The goal of a hypothesis test is to demonstrate that the patterns observed in the sample data represent real patterns in the population and are not simply due to chance or sampling error.
asked 2021-01-31
Identify the population: An education professor wants to gather information about parental involvement in early education for students attending a particular Ivy League university. She obtains a list of registered students from the registrar's office and randomly chooses 300 students to study.
asked 2020-12-01
To determine:Weather the annual salaries of NFL basketball player are qualitative or quantitative.
asked 2022-03-09
Sex of studenet is qualitative or quantitative
asked 2020-11-10
a) Overall, for what percent of patients was discharge delayed?
b) Were the percentages different for major and minor surgery?
c) Overall, what were the discharge delay rates at each hospital?
asked 2021-01-06
In an exit poll during the 2004 presidential election, voters were asked to name the issue that most affected their vote for a candidate for presidency. The following table summarizes their responses.
Moral Values: 22%
Economy/jobs: 20%
Terrorism: 19%
Iraq: 15%
Health Care: 8%
Taxes: 5%
Education: 4%
As you will notice, these percentages add up to 93%. Assume that the remaining 7% of these voters names other issues and let us denote these issues as Other. Draw a bar graph to display these data.
asked 2020-10-23
Identify the variable being measured.