Hope my answer will help you:
Unusual points Each of the four scatterplots that follow shows a cluster of points and one “stray” point. For each, answer these questions:
1) In what way is the point unusual? Does it have high leverage, a large residual, or both?
2) Do you think that point is an influential point?
3) If that point were removed, would the correlation be- come stronger or weaker? Explain.
4) If that point were removed, would the slope of the re- gression line increase or decrease? Explain
B. Given the population 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8. Suppose sample size of 3 are drawn from this
4. What is the mean ( 𝜇 ) and the variance ( 𝜎
) of the population?
5. How many different sample size n = 3 can be drawn from this population? List them with
their corresponding means.
6. What is the mean ( 𝜇X̅ ) and the variance ( 𝜎
X̅ ) of the sampling distribution of the sample